Saturday, April 17, 2010

Soaking up some Arizona sun!

Just as I had thought that the sun really only existed behind clouds we got to go to Arizona. It seems so bizarre to say but seriously it felt so amazing to feel the warmth of the sun through my jean skirt that first Sunday there. It's been a long time!

Though the start to our trip was not one I care to ever relive, the rest of the trip was just wonderful! Sunday morning we got to meet up with the Nelson's at Melissa's parents house, just a mile away from my parents. You know you've got great friends when you haven't been together in a really long time and the whole family just picks right up where we left off.




Just hours after that fun reunion we met up with all the Searle's at Shauna's house. That was super fun seeing everyone. (Rach I know you've got pics - send me some!)

Grandma and Grandpa Dale even arranged an Easter egg hunt for the kids!






I love this picture of my brother Danny and my niece Brooklyn!

That night I ran Ryan back to the airport so he could go back to WA to deal with the potential strike. Then the kids and I headed to the Strong's to stay the night. It was the best being with them. Their boys were our boys first friends. Jillian and I have had our 3 boy babies at the same time so they all have had an instant best friend, kind of like it was for Jill and I.





After we got back from the Strong's we let the kids decorate Easter eggs since they spent the Saturday before Easter in an airport.






Uncle Mike waking up as I snapped a picture of he and Easton.

Everything that we did up until this next point was great but the main reason for our visit to Arizona was for Danny and Julie's wedding! We are so super happy for them and think they make such a wonderful family already. Our kids are so excited to have a new cousin, especially one so close to their age (he's 8)! Jarrod is such a great boy and we love him already. Julie is one amazing woman and someone I look up to a lot! We are so happy for Danny and Julie and their three cute kids! We love you guys and are so glad we got to be there with you for your amazing day!







My cute dad.


Julie looked absolutely beautiful!






Camden and Londyn were really drawing a crowd on the dance floor! It was so fun to watch them dancing. Cam was spinning, dipping, and twirling Londyn like they've been dancing for years. (Every now and again at home they'll ask to have some music turned on so they can dance - it melts my heart every time.)


The dress Londyn has on was a gift from my dear friend Hannah, in California, before we left. This year it fits her and when I realized that the main color for the wedding was pale pink I knew she had to wear this gorgeous dress!





Isn't my mom just beautiful!!!!

After the wedding day the boys got to go to the rock wall. It was Cam's first time and he climbed that super high wall like a pro!






Easton and Londyn didn't care at all for watching the boys climb a gigantic rockwall so they settled for watching a show at the gym.

Just to make sure we got the feel of true Arizona my parents took us on a hike in the Superstition Springs Mountains. The sun was pretty intense so we applied our first sunscreen of the year and the kids tried to adjust to the sun's constant rays. We started off our hike being warned of the rattlesnake that was just off the path a few feet. Yikes! It was fun getting some different scenery than the dense green forests we've got here (not that I don't enjoy them).








I am fully aware that Arizona most of the summer long is not the most desirable place to be because of the extreme heat but there is so much that I absolutely love about it there. Most of that is that there are so many of my favorite people there.

What a great trip!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Key word being MOST. MOST of your favorite people are in Arizona. Obviously not all since I am here and I am your ABSOLUTE favorite ;)

Looks like such a fun trip! Our sun is coming soon ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post. I love to see all your pictures. We loved having you here.

Love,

Mom

Jaime said...

I LOVE the pic of your Mom and Londyn...so sweet! Looks like you had a great trip with lots of fun family memories.

I need to call you and update you of the lastest in the Pressley saga!