Monday, January 12, 2009

Our Little Londyn is 3!!!


(Isn't this tutu that her Grandma Cook made so cute!?)

(from Londyn's party in Utah)

She's growing up right before our eyes! It's crazy what a difference a year can make. Oh it just makes me want to cry thinking that just 3 short years ago I had a brand new 6 pound 1 ounce ever-so-sweet and perfectly innocent baby girl. Now she's a 27 pound sometimes-so-sweet and certainly not so innocent little girl. We sure do love her though.

We started the day with Londyn opening a couple presents.

The last thing we gave her was actually a freebie that someone in the neighborhood was getting rid of. It's a ballet bar. Londyn's been quite into ballerinas lately so I picked up a pretty pink leotard and now she's ready for dance class. (I really would love to put her in dance but I think we might wait a little longer.)



Londyn's dinner of choice was hot dogs so that worked well with our crazy evening. I spent most of the afternoon and evening baking a cake (which took quite a bit longer than the instructions said it would) and attempting to figure out how to satisfy Londyn's desire for an Ariel cake. I took a quick class of verbal instruction from the ever-so-talented Jenni Nay. I'm sure that I did nothing right with the instruction she gave but even still Londyn was very pleased with the results.

(This is the barbie Jillian gave Londyn when she was born - How fitting that it was used for her birthday cake!)

(the fun easel from Gma and Gpa Dale)

Our beautiful princess is now sleeping sweetly in bed.

Londyn we love you so so so much! We are all so glad that you are part of our family. You are beautiful, energetic, loving, fun, fiesty, graceful, entertaining, sassy, sweet, spunky, kind, smart, adorable, and completely wonderful! We love you just the way you are. Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!! Mwah!!!!

11 comments:

The Cook Fam said...

Lon, Mommy just noticed the incredibly high number of different wardrobe changes you made throughout this one day. I still love you tons though!!!

Jaime said...

Oh my...I really can't believe that she is already 3 yrs old. It really seems like yesterday that I saw her in the hospital just after she was born!
You gotta love the girls and the outfit changes that they regularly make. Just wait till she has another sister to dress up, then it will really be fun!
Great job with the barbie cake, I'm impressed! I've been there done that a few times and they are not as easy as they look!
Happy Birthday Londyn, you are sure a sweetie!

sdale1 said...

Shelley,

You did a great job with the cake.
We love you all lots.

Love,

GMA

Kirsti said...

Umm....your talent with the cake is amazing! It looks awesome! Now I know who to call. So fun to see you guys. I hope Londyn had a happy birthday and hopefully we can come out to Cali soon to see you guys...I'm working on Chad!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

She is beautiful as ever and wow 3 years old, she is growing up. I LOVE the first picture, such sass!!! She is stinkin cute and looks packed with personality. She is a beautiful addition to your family and Happy Birthday little Londyn girl!

Niki McDowell said...

The cake turned out awesome Shell! Happy Late Birthday Londyn!

The Gray Family said...

impressive cake Shelley! That girl is just too cute. I don't know how you could ever get mad at that face (a fact I am sure she will use to her advantage in the years to come!)

Anonymous said...

Londyn we love you just as much today as we did the first moment we saw you. You are so precious!! I'm glad that you are enjoying your barbie and your Mom used it to make an incredible cake. I was so excited to get to buy a girl toy and bring it to you the day you were born. Come visit us soon - stay forever :) We love you sassy pants :)

The Cooking Schaack said...

London is so so pretty!! Watch out boys. You are a fun mama Shelley!!!

Vanessa said...

She is so stinkin' cute. Jackson came home from nursery on Sunday, talking all about Londyn and how they played together. He just kept saying Londyn, Londyn, Londyn, it was so cute!

Melissa said...

Londyn... We love your sweetness and your spunk- Happy Birthday!