Since Easton’s birthday was while we were in California he got to open his gifts when we got back. He didn’t really NEED anything but he’s been getting into swords so in order for the rest of us to feel semi-protected we thought it best to get him some foam swords. He loves them but unfortunately they still hurt.
We also splurged on a Lightning McQueen umbrella since he always thinks he needs one to carry around.
Easton is such a loveable little guy. At his two-year well check the doctor recommended that we still keep him on his high fat sippy cup of part whole milk part half and half. He has made it to the 8th percentile for weight reaching 24 pounds! For height he’s about the 25th percentile. Who knows, maybe he’ll surprise us with a giant growth spurt in his teens. This guy may be small in size but his personality is everything but small. He’s been talking so well for so long. I want to remember some of his hilarious phrases…. One that I love is when I was buckling him in his car seat months ago and he didn’t approve so he told me, “BAD CHOICES MOM!” Another is when we read scriptures and without us even starting the verse he says, “And it came to pass.” In just the last couple weeks he has started loving the Toy Story movies. He now wants to fly like Buzz Lightyear about 12 hours out of every day. And sometimes when he realizes that he can’t actually fly he gets this really disappointed look on his face and says with his face all scrunched up, “I can’t fly.” He finds it most helpful when he is trying to fly if he has on the Build-A-Bear Buzz costume. (It was entirely his idea to see if it was his size.)
Yesterday we bought the Toy Story 3 movie and he said “Buh bye” to the lady checking us out. It reminded me of when Barbie on Toy Story 2 says “Buh bye Now” so I said that phrase to Easton which he repeated and then continued on with, “Are they gone? My cheeks are killing me!” I didn’t even know he knew this line so it cracked me up! Pretty sure he’s already overdosed on too much Woody and Buzz.
Another thing that cracks me up is when Easton out of the blue will say to me, “Mom, remember when we went to Hawaii?” Ryan says it’s because I asked him that a lot after we got home from Hawaii and Easton knows that brings back fond memories and snuggles so that’s why Easton asks me it so often.
How happy I am that Heavenly Father gave me my little Easton instead of the girl that I was so sure I wanted! Easton is a little firecracker that keeps this family exciting.
Easton we all love you so much! (And please try to not make this year too much of the Terrible 2’s!)
8 comments:
Happy Birthday little Easton!! You are such a big boy. What adorable pictures. I really wish you lived closer to me!
such a cutie!! love that little smirk of his and the rosy cheeks :)
What a cute little stud! He is so stinking adorable!
Brooke right now is in the 4% in weight so I totally get it. It STRESSES ME OUT!!! The girl WILL NOT EAT SOLIDS!!! Any suggestions? Seriously tonight I almost lost it. Im glad another person that I feel is a WONDERFUL MOMMY has a little kid. Stresses me out!
wow he is talking a lot! SOme of those things he says are hilarious :>)I personally can't imagine having a kid in the 8th percentile.I can't imagine having one in the 80th percentile for that matter ha ha.He sure is cute...happy birthday Easton!
That coconut pic is the BEST! Don't stress on his size, Brook was in the 12th % most of her life and at age 6 1/2 she just hit the 50%!!!! He'll catch up! And what he lacks in size he makes up for in facial expressions!!! He's adorable!
I love that little man! Seriously he better hurry and grow or Austin is going to eat him for a snack. I love how he thinks he is so big and so tough. We need to find a way to get together soon! I miss your kiddos.
I was beginning to think I wasn't going to see a new blog post from you again! :) Such cute pics!!
happy birthday, easton! he really is such a cute kid.
Post a Comment