Sunday, June 26, 2011

Welcoming Brittyn Ashley

We are absolutely thrilled to introduce our sweeter than sweet baby girl Brittyn Ashley!  On Tuesday morning of June 21st Ryan and I headed to the hospital to have our baby girl.  After 4 and a half hours of labor at 10:26 a.m. she made her arrival.  She didn’t cry much, just enough to satisfy the nurses. 

003

Brittyn’s measurements are 6 pounds 6 ounces for weight and 19 inches for length. 

006

She seemed super comfy with the bath the nurse gave her.

016

Looking like she’s enjoying a day at the spa.

018

Proud daddy with his baby girl.

021022

Ryan headed home to get the kids and Grandma Dale in the afternoon and brought them back after they had all showered and changed their clothes.  The kids were all instantly in love and so happy to have their baby sister here!

Easton has told us repeatedly since her arrival, “I just love my baby sister.”  He says it so sincerely it melts my heart.

029

This moment right here is what I’ve hoped for for SO long!  I am so happy that my girls will have each other as sisters.  I just know they are going to be best friends.

035

Camden thinks she is so cute!

042

Caiden is already showing he’s going to be really great at helping out with Brittyn.  It’s so great having one old enough to know how to hold her just right.

052054

First picture of all 5 of our kids together!  I think we’re going to have to be satisfied with photos from here on out of the kids all doing their own thing, not smiling at looking at the camera all together.

063

After the kids had all had their turn holding Brittyn Grandma Dale got hers.  We are so grateful to have her here helping us out!

076

The nurse brought these “Big Brother” and “Big Sister” wristbands in for each of the kids to wear.  So fun!

084

Here is our sweet girl all dressed and ready to leave the hospital the next day.

086

There have been lots of moments like these that have been so special for me.  I can’t get enough of the way that Londyn looks at her baby sister.  It’s like she knows how absolutely special it is that she has her!

088

Sleeping in Daddy’s arms.

096

Brittyn’s first bath at home. 

110

Everyone wanted to help out with the bath which Brittyn thought was fine until she ended up with too many water splashes on her face.

116

All clean and perfect. 

130

I still am amazed at how quickly it’s possible to love a person.  Our whole family has been filled to the brim with love for this sweet girl.  We all feel so blessed to have her in our family.  Brittyn Ashley Cook we love you and will try our best to show you every day.  Thank you for joining our family!

131

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Love all the pictures!! She is just precious. I am so happy for you guys :-)

The Gray Family said...

she is TOO TOO cute! So happy everything went well and you got your girl :>) Hope you are getting some sleep!