
I know this may be really shocking for you all but it really is me (Shelley) making my first post. I've been tagged by three different people and decided maybe people really do want me to write something on the blog. I am so sorry if this is a disappointment next to all of Ryan's creativity but I'm afraid that is not what you're going to get with me.
Tag #1
A. The rules of this game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player answers the question about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, and then leaves a comment on their blog letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog to get the directions.
Questions:
10 yrs ago:
5 Things on my list of things to do today:
Things I would do if I suddenly was a Billionaire:
3 of my bad habits:
Places I have lived:
Jobs I have had:
Things most people don't know about me:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My answers:
10 yrs ago: High school graduation was just around the corner. I'm pretty sure I had already received my scholarship to NAU for the Fall. I actually think this was the week that I was in the Arizona Junior Miss Pageant! It was so much fun!!!
5 things on my to-do list today:-
1) Go to Costco.
2) Do laundry.
3) Get Caiden's baseball team treats ready for tomorrow.
4) Make my bed. (is it bad that it's that low on the list?)
5) Attempt to stay on top of Londyn's potty's training. (I think I'm feeling good enough today - so far she's in undies.)
Things I would do if I suddenly was a Billionaire: Pay off our AZ house (I'm so tired of that headache), buy some fun family toys (boat, quads, etc.), get a housecleaner. (I'll stop there, clearly I could spend the rest of the day thinking of ways I'd like to spend endless money.)
3 of my bad habits:
1) I don't always clean up the kitchen right after I make something.
2) Not keeping up on the laundry. (I know it has been more than a week since I did a load so you know it's bad.)
3) Lots of time when I know I've got to go somewhere I'll do Londyn's hair but then I'm lazy and just put a hat on Camden.
Places I have lived:
1) Kearns, Utah.
2) Dayton, New Jersey.
3) Murray, Utah.
4) Gilbert, Arizona.
5) El Mirage, Arizona.
6) Surprise, Arizona.
7) and Corona, California.
Jobs I have had:
1) hostess at Carabba's.
2) "Shaved Ice Technician" at Bahama Bucks.
3) I used to put those metal strips in the books at the NAU library so that the detectors would go off if someone hadn't checked out the books. (pretty exciting!)
4) Front desk assistant for the corporate office of a gas station.
5) care provider for an AM/PM school program.
Things most poeple don't know about me: You know I must be too open because I'm not coming up with anything that I think people wouldn't already know. Maybe that just makes me boring! :)
Now I tag : Jillian, Melissa, Niki, Kyra, and Kirsti!
Tag #2
Where did you meet your husband?
In my apartment at NAU. I had been looking forward all day to meeting my best friend/roommate, Rachael's, cousin.
What was the first thing he said to you?
I wish I could remember that. I just know that from the pictures Rach took of that day that both of us look pretty happy.
When was your first date?
Date - that's a big word... you know basically from that weekend he came to our apartment I think I went home to Gilbert nearly every weekend thereafter. We were just always together. I suppose there really should be a first date that stands out but sadly one is not coming to me.
When was your first kiss?
I think it was 2 weeks after we met. I remember it being quite nice.
Long/Short courtship/engagement?
Ryan and I dated from October of 1998 to February of 1999. We were engaged for about 4 1/2 months after that.
When did you get married?
June 26, 1999
Where was your honeymoon?
This is where it's pretty sad. Our honeymoon was basically the drive from Utah back to Arizona. Our first night was in the Armstrong Mansion in Salt Lake where the room was themed June Bride. Our second night was in St. George at a really nice Best Western, the Abbey Inn (seriously I recommend it). Then it was back to Gilbert.
We really do have plans to take a trip together sometime - just Ryan and I. It'll be Hawaii! We've talked about it forever.
I am tagging Kim, Heather, Katie B., and Katie G.
Tag #3
What is your husband's name?
Ryan
How long have you been together?
We'll have been married 9 years this June.
How long did you date?
It was 4 months before he proposed.
Who eats more?
I wish I could say for sure Ryan. Unfortanetly he's got all this control and says things like, "I'm satisfied" or "If I'm not hungry I'm not going to eat more." I try to stay even with him but it doesn't always work out.
Who said "I love you" first?
Ryan did but I remember wanting to say it so bad before he left to go home to Utah for New Year's. I so wanted him to know but somehow I had it in my head that he should say it first so I waited till he got home. Then he said it.
Who is taller?
Ryan
Who has more speeding tickets?
Ryan
Who is smarter?
Ryan's pretty smart. He always amazed me how well in did in college. He had an awesome GPA at ASU. I probably looked smarter on paper if you compared our grades growing up but I think I have to give smarter to him.
Who is more sensitive?
Well if you're going on currently it is me. I've got those Prego hormones. But if you are going all around it might come out to be Ryan. He's got a nice sensitive side. I think having kids is bringing me more to the sensitive side than I thought was possible for me.
When there is a fight, who usually wins?
I'm pretty happy to say that both Ryan and I agree that we don't really ever fight. I know there are times when there are little disagreements but we get through them pretty quick and I don't know that there is really a "win".
Who does the laundry?
On the more regular basis me. Ryan has been putting in his time though. That's probably mostly to blame because he's been without work clothes a few times in the last couple months with me being sick.
Who does the dishes?
Ryan is always willing to rinse off plates and cups and things. Guaranteed I am the one who washes the stuff that isn't supposed to go in the dishwasher. He doesn't "like" to do that.
Who sleeps on the right?
If we are laying down that would be me.
Who pays the bills?
I do.
Who mows the lawn?
Definitely Ryan.
Who cooks dinner?
In normal, not pregnant life, usually me. Ryan does like to cook though.
Who drives when you are together?
Ryan
Who is more stubborn?
That's a tossup!
Who kissed whom first?
I'm sure Ryan is the one that made the move but I know I was ready!
Who proposed?
Ryan proposed at the Gilbert Junior Miss Pageant. I had to go back as a returning Junior Miss to award the girls their scholarships. Ryan had made arrangments with the director to have his name be pulled from the raffle. He ended up on stage. Ty Detmer was the M.C. that night. Ty said he could pick from the 3 returning Junior Miss to take one on a date. Ryan pointed to me. Ty handed him a rose and sent him out on stage and told him that Ryan better ask me himself. Thats when I was shocked to see him get down on his knee and confess that he wanted to be with me forever and he asked me to marry him. Pretty awesome!
Who has more siblings?
Ryan. He's got 2 brothers and 2 sisters.
Okay Jill - Can you believe that I really did it? I can hardly believe it myself.
I tag Jaime - You can do it when you have a free minute - I realize that might be when you're in Idaho.
11 comments:
Yeah-Shelley you're alive!! I love reading the how we met stories. Totally fun. Hang in there with the pregnancy, I can't imagine how hard it must be to be tired and pregnant and multiple children to take care of. You Rock!!
Good Job Shelly, way to do a post! Im proud of you!!!! That is way cute and I love your and Ryans story's. Kip and I are totally the same way with arguing. We really never do and I really think that we both work it out and nobody ALWAYS wins. It is so great not fighting. I LOVE IT!
Yay! I'm glad you did all these! I think Ryan takes the cake with his proposal! Such a awesome idea and great story!
Hurray, a post from
Shelley! Love reading all that stuff about you, even though I talk to you everyday, there was still stuff I didn't know. Fun!
Shell, I'm so proud of you for posting all by yourself!! I love that you caught up on all of your tags!! You go girl! :o) Glad to hear things are going well for ya'll.....pregnant again! Congrats.....
Quick, funny story. Kade really, really wants to go to Legoland and wanted to go for his birthday. I told him that trip wasn't going to happen and it wouldn't be fun because he couldn't take any friends with him. His comeback, "Caiden lives in California. His mom could meet us there!".
Miss you guys tons!
so glad to see you on here Shelley! I love reading people's tags...you guys are so cute! You will have to post some pics from your Junior Miss days...
I love that you found the nerve to make a post! And I think that it's fantastic. See you need no format just get on and type your little heart out. I will be looking forward to the next one...so Friday right...?? I am hooked and want more! Love ya girl. Hope you are feeling good.
YEAH Shelley!!! We are so proud of you. Glad you have joined the blogging world. Now you just have to keep on going and make sure you keep us up to date on life in California :) We miss you guys!!
Love and Hugs
The Strong Gang
See Shell, I knew you could do it!!I am going to work on that tag in the next few days. I hope you continue to feel better, I know your on the home stretch! I miss you tons, thanks for talking to me on my trek to ID you made my time go by faster! I promise I'll try Rumbi's my next trip to SL!!
Love ya,
Jme
I am so proud of you for posting!! It was fun finding out all this fun stuff about you. Who knew that I am friends with a former junior miss??
Hey, just to let you know mom and dad now have a blog. I can't remember what it is now....just link it through mine!
Post a Comment