Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hard Worker (or so I thought...)




Ryan and I have finally cracked down and got the kids going on a chore chart. One of Londyn's chores today was to clean her room. It really was quite messy from the most recent playdate. I started helping her and then I left to do some other things. I could hear her hard at work and was thrilled to know she was going strong even without my help. She was so excited to show me the finished product. I obeyed and closed my eyes while she opened her door with a big drumroll waiting for applause. I was so pleased when I saw what she had done.




When Ryan got home I even talked to him about how glad I was that she was able to stick with her room until it was good and clean.

Well tonight I was going crazy trying to find my missing pair of jeans and as a last resort I thought I'd check underneath her bed where occasionally I've found that she's stashed a pair of dirty underwear. That's when I quickly became aware that Londyn still needs some guidance when it comes to a clean room.



The funny thing is that just the other day I was talking to my Mom on the phone and she reminded me of a time when I was probably 5 that I cleaned my room (which I thought looked amazing!) by stashing everything I owned under my bed, which had a bed skirt to hide everything perfectly (I thought). Where do I look for blame?

7 comments:

gunnells said...

Haha that is hilarious...She is such a doll!! Getting so big!

Anonymous said...

Londyn and Carter would get along quite nicely :-) Can't wait to see you guys!!!!

Heather said...

Hilarious! Can't blame that adorable face!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

That is SO funny and dang that room did look quite amazing! Love her little secrets! She is SO CUTE TOO!!!

Anonymous said...

Londyn,

You are too cute. Some day your mom can tell you what she did when she was about your age. Love you.
Hugs and kisses.

G-ma Dale

Kirsti said...

Well if there were not so many creative places to stash stuff, it wouldn't be as fun! I remember shoving things in my closet until the doors were slanting out...could never figure out how my mom always knew!

Jaime said...

What a cutie little Londyn is. Mom you have to admit it's hard to get mad at such a sweet face!