Sunday, January 16, 2011

Londyn is 5!

 145

She’s 5!  She’s looking more grown up every day.  Londyn’s birthday ended up being a celebration all day long because the boys had a snow day from school.  We got to have Londyn’s most requested breakfast of bacon and pancakes and then she opened presents.

136 138 139

We all saw the new Tangled movie a few weeks ago and that’s been almost all the Londyn has talked about since.  Londyn even calls Repunzel “Tangled” because she wants to and thinks it’s a perfect name.  She was thrilled to see these ballons when she came down for breakfast.

143 

This year I was not feeling up to a big party so I talked Londyn in to taking a friend with her to Build-A-Bear.  Once she saw this purple puppy she knew it was the one for her.

147

Here she is fluffing up her dog.

148

The newly fluff-filled pup. 154

Doing the little wiggle that was one of the steps before she put her puppy’s heart inside her.

156

All new puppies must have a bath!

159

Londyn and Quincy with their new animals.  And if there were any questions as to Londyn’s puppy’s name…..  It’s Tangled!

167

Londyn had a very specific request for her cake.  It needed to be a Tangled cake!  So with lots of help from Londyn here it is.  I’m sure any professional cake decorator would have had many issues with our technique but all that mattered was that Londyn loved it!

171 172 181

Three of the 5 candles on her cake were sparkler candles (which we’ve never used before) so she had quite a time getting them extinguished once and for all. 

188

Lots of determination!

196

One happy birthday girl: Tangled cake and oreo ice cream!

198

Londyn was quite a sweet girl all day!  She loved her birthday and said to me more than once what a great day it was! 

Lon – We love you so much!  You are such a special part of our family.  Thanks for all your spunk, creativity and beauty.  You really are amazing!

6 comments:

Susie said...

I can'y believe she is 5 years old! Happy Birthday Londyn! Such a beautiful girl!!!

Jaime said...

5...no it can't be. Happy Birthday to a sweet little Londyn. She is so you Shell!

Jaime said...

By the way...the Barbie cake is Amazing!!

Rachael said...

I believe she is 5! What a beautiful girl too! I'm glad she had a happy birthday :) Meg would LOVE that cake.

Melissa said...

I just relized Londyn and Lyric have the same dog from build-a-bear... posh minds think alike. Lyric's puppy is named "Toodles."

Brittney said...

Shelley! This is Brittney Sandall now Hatch do u remember me? U used to "babysit" me and my siblings! I found you on Facebook and then found your blog! How are you? Where are u living these days? Your family is beautiful and oh my gosh your little girl is your mini me!!! You look gorgeous in your family pics!! Congrats on you being preggo with your 5th!! Wow 5 kids! I can't even imagine! I have 2 and they are a handful!! I hope u get this and we can stay in touch! If u want u can checkout my blog too! It's www.rockinandarollindbb.blogspot.com
U can comment as well so I know u got this!:) I hope you are doing good! Hope to hear from ya soon!