Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Caiden's BIG hit!


This is overdue but we are so proud of Caiden. This year Caiden apparently played well enough at baseball tryouts that Ryan and I were asked if Caiden could play in Double A instead of one more year in coach pitch. It was a tough choice because in this league it's the kids who are pitching. Plenty of kids have been hit by pitches (including Caiden). We decided that if the coach thought Caiden was ready for Double A to let him go ahead with it. Caiden is definitely among the youngest and littlest kids in the league and has not yet seemed to feel comfortable with this league. (If I could go back in time I would have kept him in coach pitch.) Anyway, the season is about half over and Caiden had not had his first hit. Last week he made contact, which was not much because it popped about 5 feet in front of home plate, Ryan and I were yelling, "Run!! Run!!!" Caiden ran as fast as lightning to first base and the second he hit the base he stopped and turned around to Ryan and I with his arms in the muscle man pose and the biggest grin you've ever seen on the boy. He was so excited! He wouldn't stop talking about it. We are so happy for him and are so proud of him. He has struggled with wanting to even go to baseball this year but happily I think this makes him a little more encouraged and confident. It sure is fun watching our kids develop and learn. We sure love them all!

5 comments:

Kirsti said...

oh that is so cute! I love when you are so proud of themselves! Tell him congrats from Aunt Kirst. Way to go Caiden!!!!

Jaime said...

Yeaaah Caiden!!! I wish I could have seen the muscle's myself! we sure miss you guys!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I really think that having your kids in sports really teaches them some good life's lessons. He is growing and maturing and this is making him a better person. I am proud of him and the muscle man thing is just the cutest ever, I wish I could have seen it!!! Congrats!!!

Karli said...

Hey Cook family. So I am working on my blog and it still looks like crap. I think I am trying too hard. Anway, thanks again for an awesome time in Cali! I would like to add you as friends to my blog once I figure out what I am doing if thats ok.

Melissa said...

Great job, Caden!