Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Tarantula...... Really?!!

So a couple of weeks ago I asked Caiden to go out and feed Champ. He came in way too quickly to have given Champ both food and water so I said, "Caiden there is no way you..." as he was saying, "Mom there is a tarantula in the backyard!" I of course said, "Are you dead serious?" and we both went back through the garage to the side of the house to see a tarantula scared to death up against the house.

Caiden had walked by it and not realized it till he had just passed it. We quickly yelled to Ryan our discovery which he thought was AWESOME! He said, "What are we going to catch it in?" to which I said, "No Way!!!" He then helped me to realize that instead of catching it we could just let it live in our yard and make tarantula babies. That of course did not sound like the best option so Ryan encouraged the big fuzzy creature into a jar and then walked with the boys down the hill a 1/4 of a mile or so and let it go. FREAKY!!!!! I really hope that is the last of gross creatures anywhere near the house. Cross your fingers for us!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah that is crazy! I would've totally freaked out!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

We have seen quite a few freaky creatures in our yard as well, it is creepy!!!! I am glad you got some pics to post! Glad you are all safe as well.

Jaime said...

I would have totally freaked out and it would've been when TJ was @ work. We had baby mice for 2 days utill we found out where they were coming from and I was no help @ all. I was on top of the couch screaming with my girls and T was quite frustrated with me!!