Saturday, August 23, 2008

Fun Summer

It's hard to believe Summer is coming to an end. We had a lot of fun. Utah, Arizona, and our first beach camping trip were all part of it.
While in Utah we went four-wheeling with Ryan's family. It was fun to see everyone covered in dirt after the ride. Since I don't particularly love the discomfort that contractions from the four-wheeler would have brought on I opted to ride in the truck eating the dust of the group.




Also while in Utah we experienced what Ryan has deemed "The P.G. Toilet", aka the Pleasant Grove Pool. That was something we will all treasure... swimming for a few minutes and then being interrupted by the announcement that everyone must exit the pool because of fecal matter being found. Of course this wasn't just a one time deal. Once the okay was given to re-enter the pool it was only a short while later that a similar announcement was made. Ryan thought we could have found many other ways to spend $16 than splashing around in that water. Chances are not good of him returning there anytime soon.
In mid-July we went to Arizona. Why you ask would we go to Arizona then?? We had a family wedding to attend but we all survived. Happily Grandma and Grandpa Dale let us cool off in the pool.


We got to end our trip staying with our great friends, the Strong's! Ryan and I will be forever impressed with great skills of Jillian and Doug on Guitar Hero!! Something to surely aspire to.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Fun stuff! Especially the fecal matter! LOL! I love all the dirty face pics from four-wheeling!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Looks like a way fun trip and lots of dang cute pics too! I just love family vacations. Glad you had fun!

Jaime said...

so....we too have a pool like that here in ID. It's so very discouraging to hear those "out of the pool" announcements but lucky for me it's usually the kiddy pool and not where my girls are swimming.
Great pics of your fun vacations, yet I'm sad it didn't include the usual time @ the Pressley's.