Friday, April 3, 2009

Miracle Music

Okay, so I came across something online that we tried out and because we are all enjoying it so much I thought I'd share. It's called Children's Miracle Music. To see more go to www.childrensmiraclemusic.com. Basically it takes you through the whole process of getting ready in the morning from making beds, acts of kindness (chores), all the way to brushing your teeth after breakfast. There is also a CD for the evening (getting ready for bed). I gotta tell you... the mornings that we've skipped using the Miracle Music I notice quite a difference. There is always someone who doesn't have their hair done in time or hasn't eaten breakfast... we love it. And here is the best part. There is a chart that comes with the music that turns it into a game for the kids. Once they earn a certain number of stars or points they get to have a private date with Mom or Dad to do whatever it is that they picked to do as their goal. The first time around Camden picked golfing with Mom. I was surprised to find that he was completely okay with setting up the mini golf set that we have in the backyard and playing for an hour or so and then off and on till we took it down. We had a great time and I know sometimes it just takes a set plan to actually spend that quality time that I feel like all too often doesn't happen with my kids.
















Londyn got to have a "Dancing Tea Party" with her daddy. It was so much fun to see Ryan preparing for this. He set up their little luncheon all by himself and had a great time dancing with Londyn to the background music. They also played some games of Londyn's choosing and then finished it off talking Londyn into taking a nap with Dad.











Caiden picked playing at the park with Dad. (I realized how much it meant to Caiden to have that one-on-one time with Ryan when I offered that we could all come and play baseball together. Caiden informed me that it was supposed to be a "private date".) Sorry that there are not any pics of Caiden and Dad jogging around the park, throwing the football, or having batting practice.










Anyway, we have found this to be just awesome for our family. I've shared it with a few others that have also ordered it and found success in their families. All I know is that it's taken out a whole lot of nagging and our home seems to have a little more order to it. Good luck to anyone else out there that wants to give it a shot. I fully encourage and support you in it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caiden,

I can't wait to see you and your brothers and Londyn. You get more handsome each day.

Love,

G-ma

Heather said...

I love it! What a great idea and i love the personal time, so fun for them! I love that they picked stuff that didn't cost an arm and a leg and picked stuff that made the arms and legs have fun with mom and dad!!

Niki McDowell said...

Ok I loved that post, me and Clint have talked about doing the personal dates with the kids. The one with Londyn and Ryan just melted my heart though. That is so dang cute. I can't wait until Mckynlee gets older and seeing her get Clint to do things like that, so cute!