Walking along the beach in Hawaii has always been something I’ve wanted to do with Ryan. He’s known that for years. When Caiden was just a baby Ryan asked me if I could go anywhere where would it be. I told him Hawaii. So that year for Christmas Ryan did the very best he could and gave me Christmas in Ha-Y-aii. He had the front window blinds pulled up just enough for me to see the beach-lined calendar pictures. He had purchased a Hawaiian Christmas CD and had it playing. Caiden was dressed in a coconut bra and grass skirt. Eggnog was served in cups with paper umbrellas. He did the very best he could with what little money we had.
Once when I came to Ryan in tears that for the first time I knew our little bank account was not going to cover all of our months bills he revealed to me just over $600 in cash that he’d be stashing for months and months to save as our Hawaii Fund. He never wanted me to know about it but just like that it was gone and covered exactly what we needed to pay our bills.
I wasn’t so sure this day would ever come but it did! I got my walk on the beach with my true love. And it was awesome!
I felt giddy the whole time. I was in the most beautiful place I’d ever been with my beautiful baby!
These trees are just some more of the unique trees we saw. The tree had just a normal big trunk but then these long roots hung down from the branches. So weird!
I attempted my first ever sunset pictures! The little bits and pieces of info that stuck in my head from the photography classes I recently took got me these. I know they aren’t going to get any applause but at least I know it’s improvement for me.
3 comments:
Seriously my heart melted when I read that!!! What a wonderful husband you have, seriously! SO GLAD you got your walk on the beach with the man of your dreams!
So cute!!! I am so glad you were able to finally take your dream vacation :)
You were right Shell..you took lots of great pics. I'm so happy you finally got the long awaited Hawaii trip. Next time we will have to go together!!
Post a Comment