Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pierced with Pink

For the last 4 and a half years I’ve been waiting for Londyn to ask if she could get her ears pierced.  She has always loved helping me put my earrings in but didn’t realize that it was even possible for her to have hers done.  Two weeks ago she was wearing her sticker earrings and they kept getting caught in her hair and coming off.  I told her that some day when she gets her ears pierced her earrings won’t come off like that.  That started the question coming that I’ve been waiting for!  She asked, “Can we go get my ears pierced tomorrow?” (Apparently she expects that her suggestions don’t usually happen right away.)  Since Ryan was home for the day with an injury I suggested that we go that day!  We were both super excited and headed for the mall.  We looked at a few stores and Claire’s was the chosen spot since they were able to do both ears at the same time.  I think that was the best way to go for Londyn because as soon as she felt the pierce I thought she was going to lose it.  I really thought that tears were inevitable but she was so brave!!  Here’s the picture right after it was done.

031

We had to make a Target trip after and throughout the store she would start crying about her ears hurting and beg me to take them out.  I picked up some ibuprofen and a syringe from the pharmacy and that seemed to take care of the discomfort right away (love that stuff!). 

I thought I was going to catch Londyn admiring herself in the mirror with her pretty pink earrings all too frequently but she really hasn’t seemed to even notice them.  

019 018

Keep sparkling my beautiful Londyn!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

oh, I think she just grew up two years. so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Londyn,

You look absolutely beautiful. I can't believe you're not upset that you can't go to school. Your mom wanted to go to school the same year that Danny did. I hope your ears have stopped hurting.

Lots of love,

G-ma Dale

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Love it!!! She is SO BEAUTIFUL and I love the added sparkle!!!

Jenny said...

So cute! Mallory just got hers done too. Actually, we were going to just have Megan's done (the 10-year old)but after, Mallory got right up in the chair. The older one cried but not a tear from the younger one. Lol.

The Gray Family said...

that is perfect for her she is so girly! Glad you have one who likes to dress up and wear pink with all those boys in the house :>)

Kirsti said...

So fun. You look beautiful little miss Londyn! The first lesson of the price of beauty.

Jillian said...

You look stunning Londyn!! I was happy I got to talk to you on your exciting day!! love you bunches little miss sassy pants ;-)