Trying to look like she's never done a thing wrong in her life and also slightly offended that it's ever been suggested that she has.
Yes that is the way things are going around here. We love her like crazy but she can also make us that way! Every once in a while we hear her speaking like she is the kindest, most mannerized little girl ever. And then there is the rest of the time.....
I remember hearing my parents say on so many occasions, "I hope you have a little girl just like you." I can't think that I could possibly have caused my parents such extreme emotions as this precious face has brought to me. I truly thought that mood swings were more of something that would start with the teenage years but I was clearly mistaken. She's quickly approaching her third birthday and I'm sure that her dramatic attitude changes will come to a screeching halt when she's 3 and she'll always been pleasant and an absolute joy to be around. Right?! Anyone out there that can support me in my fantasies?
As far as having a new baby around, Londyn does absolutely fantastic with him. She adores Easton and is always helpful whenever she sees he's got any spit-up on his mouth or she thinks he could use his binky. Part of me would like to excuse her being such a DRAMA QUEEN on her responding to having a new baby in the house but I don't know.... I think this might just be my parents curse. Although I truly know it's a blessing. Ryan often reminds me of just how much I wanted her. And he's right! I wanted a little girl so bad and crazily enough I really want her to have the sister I never had. Of course that would be fueling our already blazing fire. Happily that doesn't have to be dealt with now. Londyn, I really do love you more than I could ever express. Thanks for being you, just go easy on me, huh?
6 comments:
You crack me up and you would never ever think that beautiful face could ever be feisty but I bet she can. She is cute none the less!
My little Lond???? NO WAY!! I really can't see that sweet little girl being anything but sugar and spice. Ha Ha... do you think her Auntie Jaim has blinders on? I can't wait to see you all @ Christmas time, I will drive to SL myself if I have to!
I too thought mood swings started in the teenage years...and then I had my first girl. Now that I have 3 girls and my oldest is 11 in a half, I'm here to say I'm sorry....this is only the beginning. Brace yourself for year three(it can be a doozy) and then just hang on! Enjoy the moments of joy she gives you as much as you can.
Of course I don't even know how truly challenging it is going to be... like I said Erin is only 11 in a half...I just try not to think about it (I'm very scared of the teenage years!?!):o)
Good thing she is so cute! I'm glad I'm not the only one whose two year old drives them bonkers sometimes :>)
Oh Shelley,
I wish I could tell you that it gets easier. Girls are girls. They each have their own agenda. I like to think of little boys being like puppies. They like to romp and play and every now and then dig up some dirt. Little girls are like kittens. They really do act like they have been put on this earth to be served. But boy are they cute and cuddly - oh unless they aren't.....
:) Yeah that makes me glad I'm having a boy first! I was a beast to my parents, I don't want anything remotely like me!! She is so adorable, definitely a mini Shelley!
Post a Comment