Monday, July 13, 2009

Could there be a better birthday party?

Caiden turned the big 8 this year!!! So to celebrate we went camping with Caiden's life-long best friend Branden and his family! We actually woke up at the Strong's house on his birthday and Caiden was treated by Jillian (his other-mother) to fresh donuts and chocolate milk (what he was weened onto). The party was started and it was going to last for days!!!! There's just no other way with the Strong's!! We had a blast camping. We had great food, great entertainment and great company!!!

Our kids all had such a great time getting together with all the Strong boys. We've known the Strong's since before either of us had any kids and I just know our families we're meant to stay friends forever!
The kids helped Ryan out in the building of this year's model of "the potty log". Ryan likes to help us ladies out with some privacy so that the many creatures of the forest and spared some blinding.
Notice the Privacy!!! That horizonal log in there was to replace the squatting position. I bet there aren't many others out there who've experienced this kind of luxury while camping!!
Caiden enjoying our version of smores: Toasted marshmallow inside chocolate covered graham cracker cookies. YUMMY!!!
It was sad seeing Champ on this most recent camping trip. He was absolutely in his element but we could see he is fully out of his youth. I love having Champ out with us in the wild. He's my companion and protection on those lonely trips to the potty log.

3 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I love your header picture, so stinkin cute it kills me!
Looks like you all had a total blast! Glad that your little man had a great birthday with family and friends in the wilderness! Good times!

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday Caiden!! It looks like you had a great time camping.

Anonymous said...

Such a fun time!! Actually I did think of something that would have made his birthday even better......if you would have moved back to Arizona. Perhaps that is something you could consider for his ninth birthday. I can't believe he is eight??? How did that happen. We sure love him :-) We sure love all of you!!! BIG HUGS!!!