Monday, July 13, 2009

Our Eternal Family (or mommy if you've asked Camden)


Life got really exciting for our family at the beginning of 2009 when I was called to be our ward's Primary President. The year had just begun so my wonderful presidency had an entire wall to decorate with the year's new theme "My Eternal Family". So we explored our creative sides and came up with a fun idea to have trees on our wall and have all the children draw their own family picture on each leaf of our trees. Our presidency was having so much fun going through the kids artwork and seeing their special little pictures. You can imagine what went through my mind when I found Camden's sweet picture. (sorry I couldn't get them rotated)


I asked him to tell me about his family picture and he said, "That's you mom!" Wonderful Bishop Hughes didn't think I should be so surprised to see that out of my 4year old, after all I am a nursing mother and all. Bishop I promise you, I really don't go around exposed! I think this was the first creative masterpiece of Cam's that I was NOT willing to proudly display on the wall.

6 comments:

Niki McDowell said...

Hurray!!! A new post! That will always make me laugh that he drew that picture. I love the blog facelift with your new photos, so cute!

Kyra said...

so cute and i love the new pictures on the side! did you just get those done? little easton- i just want to kiss those cheeks and you and ryan alwasy have the best pictures together- you're a good lookin' family and we miss seeing you in "real" life

Heather said...

HILARIOUS!! I love that! I want to see more of your new pics!!!

The Gray Family said...

I had heard about that picture but hadn't seen it yet...HILARIOUS! Love the new family pictures by the way. WE MISS YOU!!!

Melissa said...

We love you Cam! We miss you guys so much!! Post some pictures of your house... I am sure you guys have NOTHING to do.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

O my gosh, that is SO SO SO FUNNY!!! I love it!