The week after we moved in Ryan had to visit one of his work sites in Oregon. He didn't feel great abandoning us in this foreign land so he took us with him. While Ryan went to work I took the kids to the Portland Children's Museum. This place really gives the kids a chance to create and pretend. All in all it was pretty fun, minus the expected 5 minutes or so that I couldn't find Camden. Why wouldn't I lose him in Oregon? I mean he's been lost at Disneyland and at our own house! Crazy kid!!! Of course that leads to a crazy mom! There was a play area specifically for little ones which Easton appreciated and visited a couple times throughout the day. The grocery store/dine-in deli was probably MY favorite. I thought it was so much fun. The kids got to do anything they wanted in the store. They could be the cashier/grocery checker or go shopping and then check out. In the deli they could cook with pretend food that looked so amazingly like the real thing. There were stools for people (mostly moms) to sit at while they ordered their fake food for the kids to fix. Someday if I have more house ( and $) than I know what to do with I'm going to put this set up in my house. So cute! I was wishing I had so many of my friends little boys with me at this "construction site". The kids had a blast. The material that all those fake rocks were made of was awesome. I kept thinking some kid would be hurt after someones shovel sent the little rocks flying but since they're made of super light foam stuff everyone was fine. Way cool! Welcome to Pottery 101. The kids had a great time playing with the clay and were amazed at the mad skills their own mom had at molding a bowl!
Time for the Theater! The kids could dress up in costumes and take part in their own make-believe on stage, lights and all. Londyn mostly followed around the other little girls on stage but Caiden and Camden had a whole fight scene planned out. Caiden was the smart one with the water works. This room was filled with fun water activites. Notice he put on the smock and stayed relatively dry. Face painting at it's best! Londyn ate up every minute that I let her spend smearing the paint on her beautiful face.
If we ever go back to Oregon I know the kids would love to come back here!
Wow..that looks like so much fun! I miss you already. Thank you for your phone call after Reese was born. It brought a smile to my face. I hope you guys get settled in and I will talk to you soon!
Looks like things are moving right along for you and your are getting settled in! Your house looks really nice. It was really fun to talk to you the other day--thanks for all the picture help, still have not seen them so lets hope for the best. Wow...you have some serious blogging skills, did not know you had it in you for so many posts! Go Shelley!!!
So I am suppose to let you know that Kade thinks you two are trying to slowing get rid of us. He tried calling Ryan the other day but the number has been changed. Just let us know the truth, we can take it. :)
5 comments:
Glad tgo see you guys are having fun... you know your not allowd to have fun without us, though.
It looks like Easton had too much fun, when he's taking a snooze. That looked like a really fun museum.
Wow..that looks like so much fun! I miss you already. Thank you for your phone call after Reese was born. It brought a smile to my face. I hope you guys get settled in and I will talk to you soon!
Looks like things are moving right along for you and your are getting settled in! Your house looks really nice. It was really fun to talk to you the other day--thanks for all the picture help, still have not seen them so lets hope for the best. Wow...you have some serious blogging skills, did not know you had it in you for so many posts! Go Shelley!!!
So I am suppose to let you know that Kade thinks you two are trying to slowing get rid of us. He tried calling Ryan the other day but the number has been changed. Just let us know the truth, we can take it. :)
Post a Comment