Friday, July 17, 2009

Here we are


We're here! This is our new home. Maybe after we get things where they're going to stay I'll take some pics inside.
This is what the kids did during the days before the truck showed up. PSP - Sometimes I hate it! Sometimes I love it!

A week after the truck left CA it arrived in WA. Notice how huge the truck is. I know that Ryan's car took up that little portion at the back/bottom/end of the truck but the rest was packed to the brim with boxes that are slowly being unpacked. Such a pain! It took the movers less than 2 days to pack my house why can't it be unpacked that quickly?
Washington has tons of parks! Some are playground parks, some have farm animals, some are filled with fruit, and some are just huge forests with neat trails for walking through picking fresh raspberries and blackberries on the way. This park was the first one we went to for church playgroup. Pretty fun! There is a splash pad there too for those really super hot (rare high 80's maybe low 90's) days. We came to this park a week after we got here. This was the first park I've seen since I was a kid that still has a merry-go-round. The kids love this and I am aware of why this is the only one that I think still exists. It's amazing to me that my kids haven't been completely trampled using it.

I'm sure you've noticed that this was not one of those really super hot days. It was the middle of June and we're in jackets. We've had some warmer days since then but man this weather is bizarre. Oh yes, since we're talking about bizarre. It's light here till 10 o'clock at night. It's been an absolute joke trying to get kids to bed at the typical time.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Your house is gorgeous. I am seriously jealous of the weather... we have had a couple of hot ones here.

melissa gargalis said...

You are the blogging queen!! I can't believe how much you've posted. Your house is so cute. I am excited for you guys and your new adventure. Looks like the parks are awesome. I can't believe how big Easton is already! Hope you're doing good and meeting new playgroup moms and kids. Enjoy your cooler weather.

sdale1 said...

I love your house. It looks really nice. The parks look like they are well-cared for.

The Gray Family said...

it is beautiful there, although I still think you looked a lot better in your old house :>) Enjoy the weather though, because it has been WAY too hot here lately!!!

Temescal Canyon Relief Society said...

Hey tere! Miss your smiling faces. :)

Jon + Carly said...

I was sad to hear that you guys were moving. It was & is such a great ward, we were sad to leave too. I'm glad it's a good opportunity for you guys and I'm sure you'll come to love your new place. The house looks really nice and your family pics are beautiful.