Since I couldn't get Ryan to stop drooling over the adult track while we were at the boys' birthday party we decided to plan a big group date there. I was able to reserve a time on a Friday night which was great because it would have been quite a wait if we'd just showed up. A bunch of couples weren't able to make it but we still had such a fun time getting to know some people better in the ward.
The Traxx employees took our group down to the track where there was a room full of racing suits and helmets. Since none of us had ever been to this place before we all put on the suits and helmets and were then informed after we started taking pictures that we didn't have to wear the suits. Oh well! It was fun for the first race.
I didn't expect to be nervous before we got to ride but I was. Turns out that after just a couple laps I was really into it and was trying my best to pass people up, which is not as easy as I thought.
Do you see me trying to be so fast?
The Carroll's didn't make it until after the first race so a bunch of us raced again with them. It really was so much fun racing go karts! If both of us racing twice hadn't already cost us $60 I would have wanted to do it again. After we raced we went to Red Robin for some dinner. Too bad there isn't a way to get a table at a restaurant where everyone can hear everyone else. The Bissenden's met up with us at Red Robin so we had 14 people. This was such a fun night and we can't wait to do it again!
After this I've decided a movie every now and again for a date is okay but having really active fun is a blast!!! Thanks to Ryan and all of our fun friends for a great night!
4 comments:
I'm so excited you guys got to have such a fun group date, night. Are you going to be the Kyra in your ward? Anyways, looks like it was a blast.
So glad you have found so cool fun friends!! Looks like a blast, we have a race track like that down here and it is so fun! Hope you are enjoying a cool summer, we are melting away down here!!!
Niki, can anyone really duplicate Kyra's skills at planning? I think not. I've been here a year and this was the first... not the last though. We had so much fun
Meagan, we have met some fun friends here! But don't get any crazy ideas like it's replaced CA for us :) We've had a couple of hot days but we're back to mid 70's. At least it's not raining every day now.
Looks like so much fun!!! Such a cute couple :-)
Post a Comment