This has been a family project through and through, building the boxes, mixing the soil, planting, 10:30 pm slug hunts ending in slug death, watering, picking and eating.
So far we've harvested lettuce, broccoli, peas, carrots, cilantro, and strawberries. It's amazing how rewarding it is to do a garden. It really is true that produce really does taste better homegrown. The garden club wanted to do a garden tour of many different gardens so they came to ours. Apparently by the comments I got our garden was doing extremely well. They were asking, "What did you do?" and "How is everything growing so well?" I then told them that I believe the truth of it to be that ever since we began our garden Ryan has prayed over it and encouraged us to join in as well. I then heard, "Well, can you pray over mine too!"
We are still waiting on onions, corn, cucumbers, squash, tomatoes, watermelon, and pumpkin. Hopefully we'll get to see all of them grow. I think I'm most excited about the tomatoes! Is there anything better than a delicious tomato? They are so hard to come by.
5 comments:
Your garden looks great...I'm really impressed. I can't wait to see it.
I am very impressed with your garden and feel inspired to get ours going, (so far we jsut have cucumbers). I am jealous of your strawberries-- look so delicious!
The garden looks great. Your strawberries look so good. I am anxiously waiting for my tomatoes too but I am getting weary.
What a great looking garden!!! Now I need you to come down here and get ours up and running :-)
I am totally jealous!!! Good job!
Post a Comment